Taking into account that packing is, without a doubt, one of the most demanding tasks when it comes to moving house we’ve written this handy blog to help guide you through the process.
- Solve the dilemma of self-packing or professional packers first. Packing by yourself could save you money but only the pros (like us) can guarantee the safety and speed that you need to get the job done on a deadline
- Downsize the amount of the things you’re taking with you. Throw out anything you won’t need anymore. or old, useless or broken items. The fewer things you’re moving, the less money you will pay in the end.
- Create a packing calendar and follow it strictly to avoid wasting precious time.
- Start the packing process with the toughest rooms to pack so that it gets easier the closer you get to the scheduled move day. Storage areas such as garages, cellars and lofts are usually the most challenging spaces to pack up when moving.
- Designate one room as a packing station – the hub for all of your packing activities. This tactic you will help you enjoy free access to the rest of your home without having to battle your way through randomly placed mountains of already packed boxes.
Packing for a move can be hard work but following these tips will hopefully make the process easier for you
If you decide to opt for using professional movers A Van About Town are experts in Leeds and all of West Yorkshire. We can offer you a fully managed move solution or a Man and Van service. Get in touch with us today to find out more.